....................................................................................................................................................

Monday, December 5, 2011

Portraits part II

  • One way is to frame an interesting composition and then, with your compact camera mounted on a tripod or another means of support, use the self-timer (if your camera has one) to trip the shutter after you get into position in front of the lens. Just remember that a self-timer will give you a very limited amount of time to get in position (usually 10 seconds). It helps if you can get a friend to be a stand-in until you can be there, or mark your spot with tape or chalk. 
  • Use a tripod. Seriously. While it’s possible to get good photos while you’re hanging on to your camera at arms-length, it’s a lot easier if you’ve got the freedom to move around a bit.
  • You can create an especially revealing self-portrait by adding personal memorabilia surrounding your mirrored image, such as photos of yourself at various stages of your life, or anything that tells the viewer about your interests.

I like how this portrait is different from all the others I've seen on google. I picked it because it's funny; it's a clown and a dog sitting in the woods.
I like this portrait because its subject seems out of place with its environment. I picked it because it's something you don't see every day.

  I like how this guy is making different faces. It's pretty fun to do that in the mirror. I picked it because I would like to shoot something like this.


I like how he managed to take this in water and how he put flowers in his mustache. I picked this portrait because I think Salvador Dali is a great artist.


 I like how you can see the story behind this portrait. I picked it because it's one of the only interesting ones I could find.



I really don't like this photo, it just makes me laugh and think "what the fuck?" I picked it for that reason.

          For the portrait project I would like to photograph myself and some friends. I would like to shoot outside under a tree or on a table or something. In order to be successful I'll take it seriously and have the rules of photography in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment