....................................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Abandoned Theme Parks

1. Tell me which amusement park featured in the two articles that you would like to visit and take your camera along and what about that park made you want to go there. Write at least a paragraph.

I would like to go to Takakanonuma Greenland in Hobara, Japan. I think the landscape around the park is interesting and would make for good photographs. The worn down rides and surrounding flora contrast nicely.


2. Post one photo from that park. You may use the photos from the link, or you can google an entirely new photo. I would prefer to see a photo of the park in disrepair and not a photo of it when it was still operating.



 3. Think of at least FIVE other unusual places you think would be of interest to photographers. List them.



 A junkyard, a marijuana field, Mars, a dog's ear, the twilight zone.

4. Use google or another search engine to research ONE of your five places and see if anyone has already started documenting that place. If you find that someone has already started - post at least one photo of their work.



5. Write a paragraph about why you think that it would be fun to document that location. Tell me what interests you about that place and what kind of photos you could expect to take there.

I think a junkyard would be interesting to photograph because there's a whole variety of things to see in one. You could take photos of individual objects or piles of shit. I think you could also write a good story about your work since there are many objects of interest in a junkyard. They're all over the world as well so you would always be able to photograph something new.

6. Tell me what it would take for you to go and take photos at your location. What would you need as far as equipment goes, travel plans, expenses you might encounter and what laws you would have to take into consideration to take photos at your spot.

All I would need is a car, a camera and a tripod. I would like to experiment with tilt-shift so I would need some different lenses. Since most junkyard owners don't let anybody in, I would either have to request permission or just jump their fences.

No comments:

Post a Comment