....................................................................................................................................................

Friday, October 7, 2011

Great Black and White Photographers, part 3

1. Josef Koudelka's photographs caught my eye because of they way they are framed. He has a way of getting anything balanced in a specific frame and making it work. His photos are of Europe in the mid-20th century which appeals to me as well.


I see an empty road. The grass is swaying gently and the leaves on the trees are shaking. I smell burning wood and a dead animal. I hear the wind blowing. The grass and the leaves are making a quiet, steady noise. I taste the cold air as I breathe in. The flavor of my gum is fading. Haha. My nose is burning in the cold. The freezing gusts of wind are cutting through my coat, making me shiver.


I see the anticipation on these people's faces. Some of them seem more nervous than others, some just bored. I smell car exhaust and cigarette smoke. I smell some food from a nearby restaraunt. I hear this crowd of people talking all at once. Some of it I can understand, some of it seems to be in another language. I taste the clove cigarette a man just offered me. It mixes with the cold air to make my mouth tingle. Why do people smoke this shit? I feel the rumbling of tanks and the heat of all the people grouped together. I can almost feel what they're feeling.

3. I would like to either make a blog/website, or some kind of slideshow to showcase Koudelka's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment